Sunday, March 22, 2015

Week 76: Happy Birthday to Me!

Yay! I am so glad that my birthday falls on a P-day :) Also, I am sorry that you all are having to live with my manifestations of trunkiness... which mostly consist of not having the desire to write anymore letters or emails. I get to go on Facebook in two weeks anyway, right? And call all the people that I want?

Okay, I know, I'll do better.

Especially because we had a great week! Which culminated in Adrian's baptism this Saturday! It was such a beautiful day. Baptisms are just strong spiritual highlights. The part that a lot of people leave out is that it's also kind of stressful, planning everything and hoping that everyone shows up on time, and making sure that this and that works out... plus, I was the one playing the piano, which is always an added stress! But it all worked out, the service was lovely... The water in the font was very cold, but they just made sure that she went all the way under the first time and it all works out! Haha. She is super shy, so she was kind of nervous about all the people being there, but once everything started happening then it was good!

And the ward's support is definitely coming. That's the tricky part about baptizing a youth, is that there needs to be a lot of ward support. Especially because her family support is pretty slim. Her dad lets her come, but that's about all...

Anyway, that was definitely the highlight of the week! Oh, and I finished the Book of Mormon. I was thinking that I might try to finish it one more time, in my last fifteen days... Then I decided that would be way too fast. So I just started over :) Instead of a topical study, I've decided to just go through and annotate the things that stand out to me and all. Study insight from this morning: Nephi is always talking about how we should be faithful to keeping the commandments of the Lord. I thought about how when we are faithful to the commandments, we are demonstrating our trust that the Lord's plan and His will are so much greater than our own.

I got to go on two exchanges this week... Very fun! One was in Jacksonville. We went to their district meeting and they threw me a surprise birthday lunch, with spaghetti and cupcakes :) Very cute. I also got to go on exchanges with my baby! Sister Edgel and I had a great day together in Springfield!

I can't believe how fast time is going! I thought for sure it would slow down the last transfer, but I think last transfer felt slower than this one! Weird.

Oh well!
I love you all!

Sister Barret

No comments:

Post a Comment