Friday, April 11, 2014

Week 27

Big news from this week, I finished my journal! 200 pages in 200 days. Now I'm starting my next journal, which is pretty enormous (340 pages, 8.5x11). So that'll probably take me through the rest of my mission. Anyway...
We kept pretty darn busy this week. Although, Tuesday, it seemed like no one wanted to open their door :P That's fairly normal for missionaries, though.
I'm excited because I got some news from Poplar Bluff! Sister Reed emailed me and said that some good things are happening there! They set a baptismal date with a younger investigator, for April 12! That's amazing!!!
Other news...
We taught many less actives, of course.
We found a new investigator! We met her at Hooters. Haha, not really :) we met up with her outside of Hooters, because it was near her apartment complex, but it's fun to say.
We had a great lesson on the plan of salvation with the recent convert here. His family is so great. We're trying to help them to understand why it is so important that they become an eternal family though. They'll get there! And then they'll get to the temple!
On a more spiritual note, the General Women's Meeting was great! I hope that all you women had a chance to watch it. And participate! I loved all of the singing. And this video made me cry, of course. Actually, I practically cried through the whole thing. I think it was all the emphasis on sisters. Made me miss my sisters!!! I mean, "To be sisters implies that there is an unbreakable bond between us." Geez.
But overall, good week. I'm just not very wordy this week! Sorry :) Next week I'll write more!
Love you all!  I'll try to remember to take more pictures!
President interviews, zone leader training, exchanges with the sister training leaders, and general conference all coming up! Busy week ahead!


Sister Barret

No comments:

Post a Comment