Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Week 63: Now How About the Fact that Christmas is in 17 Days?

What a crazy week. I don't even know where to start.

Well, last Monday we went to the Lincoln museum, and I learned all about our 16th (I think) president.

​There were some fun exhibits with models of him and his family and the different things that happened in his life. It was also cool: A lot of the background/overhead music was MoTab! Woohoo! 

I went on three exchanges this week. I stayed here in Springfield for one.


I went to Champaign (with Sister Edgel!) for another.

​That was so much fun. She is such a good missionary :) I loved spending the day with her and seeing how much she's grown over the last couple of months.

And then I went to Paris for another. ​Which was kind of surreal! Being back in an old area is weird. 

So yeah. Lots of driving this week! And lots of meeting fun people that I probably won't see again. I learned a lot from these sisters, and I definitely had a good time. It was exhausting, but fun.

Let's see... It's just been such a busy week, and I don't know what to even talk about! We did service on Wednesday at a place called Bread Line, where they serve hot meals to those in need. Good news: if I need a job as a cafeteria lady, I should be in. ;) I aced handing people desserts.

Saturday was our ward Christmas party. It was huge! I think someone said about 150 people showed up. Very impressive. They served a nice dinner, turkey and all, and had a really fun Christmas video where they "interviewed" different members of the ward about their feelings/traditions with Christmas. It was sweet.

And we had some investigators come, which was great! Activities like that are a great way for people to mingle and get to know each other.

Sunday, one of our investigators came to church who hadn't been in about 2 months, so that was great. He really needs it! We've been praying for this, for sure.

In my studies and in general, this week, I feel like a big theme has been light. I have been reviewing last General Conference, and this week I read President Uchtdorf's talk about gaining a testimony. It's all about how to gain light! And there was a similar message this week in the Christmas devotional. One of my favorite quotes from President Uchtdorf was this: "The more we incline our hearts and minds toward God, the more heavenly light distills upon our souls. And each time we willingly and earnestly seek that light, we indicate to God our readiness to receive more light. Gradually, things that before seemed hazy, dark, and remote become clear, bright, and familiar to us." Sometimes we have questions or uncertainties. But the way to find truth? Keep the light and truth that you already have! 

Hope you are all enjoying the He is the Gift video... and sharing it with all your friends! Remember: tis the season for missionary work!

#seasonofmiracles

Love
Sister Barret

No comments:

Post a Comment